Sunday, October 31, 2010

[BONUS] Skull and Stripes Pumpkin




Every year, my daughter's school has pumpkin event. Each class designs a pumpkin and a willing parent makes that design happen on a pumpkin. Last year, my daughter's class choose a dalmatian. This year, with out my prior knowledge, she advised everyone to draw a skull. They all did (I wish I had photos of all those skull drawings.) and choose their favorite. The winning drawing was sent home with my daughter and I got carved my interpretation of it. I don't know if it won the school contest, but I was satisfied that the class loved it. Like the other skull pumpkin I carved, I used wood carving tools on this one too.

I'm sure many of you made skull pumpkins too, so please submit them to us. Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

Jennifer MacNeill said...

Great pumpkin! I didn't do any skulls this year but I should have!

Abby Davis said...

Thanks. Halloween isn't over, go buy a pumpkin and get to carving.