Thursday, October 7, 2010

Plush Sugar Skull

Pierre Sauvage, a Graphic Designer livign in Reims, France made this plush sugar skull. "The plush is inspired by calaveras and vanités. I've made it for a friend because she loves skulls."



I love sugar skulls and fiber art, so this softy caught my eye immediately. I love the use of warm colors against the stark white. The texture of the white fabric appears to be a velor, which adds to the softness that a plush already has. I like how the plush sugar skull is paired with Marigold like flowers as well as candles and personal objects. This reminds me of the coming Dia de los Muertos and of course it reminds me to pay tribute to my ancestors. To see more of Pierre's whimsical creations, visit his Blog.

“Countdown To Halloween”
24 more days and counting...

No comments: