Monday, June 6, 2011

100 Painted Skulls: #2

To celebrate year 5 of Skull-A-Day I've decided to paint 100 skulls on 4 x 4in (10.16 x 10.16 cm) wooden panels over the course of the year...

Last night I decided I wanted to make something with just red and black since that's been a prominent color scheme of the project lately. I've also been recently obsessed with the view of the skull from above and seeing how little is required to have it still be recognizable. This time I tried working with a lot of paint and continued playing around with a looser style. I had to wait til this morning for it to dry so I could take the picture. Of course I didn't think about the fact that this might look a bit like a well-known comic book character til after I was nearly done.



3 comments:

Tara Raymo said...

Nice!

Gina said...

Fabulous! Matches my decor :D XXX

Abby Davis said...

It looks sinister, like it's made with blood.